Board index GENERAL Newbies Introductions

Introductions

Use this board to introduce yourself to the club.

Post Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Carvill73 User avatar
BDCC Member
BDCC Member

I think most people know who I am, but just thought I would kick off the introductions.

I have been cycling for years and enjoy everything from Road Racing to BMX. I have now lived in Brigg for over ten years having moved from the Peaks. I originally set up Lincsquad in 2007 which has grown to be a hugely successful triathlon club and which I am still very much a member. My passion however has always been the cycling and wanted to also create a user friendly club that not only attracted seasoned cyclists but also encourages people to give the sport a go and enjoy the social side along the way, so hence BDCC was born.

So look forward to getting out there with everyone. :D

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:54 pm
Neil B User avatar
BDCC Member
BDCC Member

Never heard of you

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 pm
Carvill73 User avatar
BDCC Member
BDCC Member

Lol... Likewise

I take it nobody else is brave enough! :shock:

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:09 pm
Andy C BDCC Member
BDCC Member

OK, I have been asked to introduce myself upon registering, so here goes!! I have been cycling for about 2 years and have taken part in 3 sportives over that time, but usually just enjoy getting out there for a ride. Previously did a bit of running. I have lived in the North Lincs area for about 35 years now. I am a Sports Therapist by profession. I have treated one or two club members I think!! Work demands mean I don't get chance to get out cycling that often, but hope to get down for a ride with the club at some point in the near future. It is great that Brigg has a cycling club and it is great to have joined!! :)

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:55 pm
royce.goulby User avatar
BDCC Member
BDCC Member

Andy, you've lived round here for longer than that haven't you?

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:18 pm
Andy C BDCC Member
BDCC Member

Nope!!! I could n't believe it was that long to be honest!!! :shock: Well done yesterday at the Sportive mate!! :)

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm
Steve G User avatar
BDCC Member
BDCC Member

Hi there,

My son Aiden and I are newbies to the club. Thanks for making him feel welcome a week or so back on a Sunday ride.

Great idea (and not for the first time Paul) to start a Brigg based cycling club. The numbers you're getting on club rides proves it's about time.

Good luck with the club and I hope to join you on a few club rides myself, shifts allowing.
http://stevegchallengeroth.blogspot.co.uk/

Ships are safe in harbours.........but that's not what they're made for.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:21 am
Carvill73 User avatar
BDCC Member
BDCC Member

Cheers Steve, a big welcome to you and Aiden.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi all, I'm Dave.

I've been out on a few club runs so I thought I'd better introduce myself properly. I've lived near Brigg for just over 11 years after moving from Stoke on Trent. I much prefer it here!

I got my first proper road bike in 1989 after being inspired by Greg Lemond in the last stage of that Year's Tour. I was a member of a local club in Stoke and raced on the road ( I was a struggling 3rd Cat and my best ever finish was "in the bunch") and did 25 mile time trials, occasionally going (just) under the hour. But that was a long time ago.... I've ridden a bit of track and am accredited at Manchester Velodrome, but haven't been for a few years. I also dabbled with mountain bikes but kept falling off. A lot.

These days I mainly ride Sportives, around 6 a year, as part of training for a week in the French Alps in the summer. In 2013 I completed La Marmotte which was the worst and best 10 hours I've spent on a bike. Planning to do it again in 2016.

Thanks for the welcome, see you out on the road.

Dave

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:38 pm
royce.goulby User avatar
BDCC Member
BDCC Member

Welcome DavidB1965. That's an impressive history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next

Return to Newbies